Friday, February 3, 2012

Notes from the crib- 4 months

We're 4 months old already!
(Thanks to Photos by Kaity for our adorable 4-month picture!! Mom brought us to get our pictures taken last week, and this was a preview shot. Don't we look so identical in this picture?!? Can you guess who is who?)


Maya Grace
Yay for being 4 months old! I'm getting more and more fun to play with as I get older. I love to giggle, smile and talk to my mom and dad and my older brother. Everyone thinks it's pretty funny when I get a case of the giggles- we all end up laughing together. I'm much more of a giggle pants than my sister is. She laughs too, but she's more of a talker. Go figure. I went to the doctor this week for my 4-month check-up. I weighed in at 11 lbs, 9 oz, and I'm 24 inches tall. My weight puts me at the 9th percentile, and my height puts me at the 40th percentile. My doctor says I'm going to be long and lean. Good thing Gap makes a line of jeans in this style for when we get older! :) Even though I'm just a little thing, I'm still full of fun and energy. I love to play on my playmat, swing in my swing or sit in my vibrating chair. I'm much stronger than my sister and can hold my head up for quite awhile when I play on my tummy. I don't mind playing on my tummy for a bit. In fact, Mommy is going to get me and my sister a tummy playmat for Valentine's Day that makes lying on our tummies much more fun! :) I'm pretty happy most of the time, but as usual, I'm feisty when I'm mad. I can turn it on and off pretty quickly. Sometimes Mom and Dad think I'm injured because I scream pretty loudly out of nowhere! I'm starting to get better at sleeping, and in fact last night I went to bed at 9:30am, woke up at 5:30am because I was hungry and slept again until 10:15am. Mom says she would like me to do that every night. We'll have to see about that. Usually once a week I still give my mom and dad a hard time and won't go to sleep until 1am, but usually it's more like 11-12. Mom says even a little bit earlier is better than nothing! I still eat every 3-4 hours and won't take a bottle. My doctor says that mom needs to leave us for 6 hours and if we're hungry enough, we'll take a bottle. Mom is thinking about trying that one of these days. I'd probably just refuse it and wait until she comes home. I know she'll come home eventually, she loves us too much. I'm still in size 1 diapers and can still fit into size 3 month clothes, but since my sister has moved up in size, I'm wearing size 3-6 month clothes. They fit pretty well and I like my new wardrobe. Let's be honest, here.... we're pretty stylin' girls! :)




Makenna Anne
I'm 4 months old! I'm getting cuter and cuter with my chubby cheeks and rolls on my legs. My sister is filling in a bit more, and I like it that she's getting some rolls, too. Babies with some chub are the latest craze. As my sister mentioned, I'm quite the talker. I talk to my toys, my brother, the TV, and anything I make eye contact with. I have a very soft, sweet gentle coo, and my sweet personality shines through. I'm still pretty laid back and I get very excited when I get to play with my family and my toys. I'm VERY close to rolling over. In fact, I get my whole body turned over except for my head. It's actually quite hilarious. Mom will have to take a picture and do a blog post about that. I was the first to sit in a Bumbo seat, and I like it a lot. Mom says that she'll blog about that sometime soon, too. Even though I'm bigger than my sister, I'm not quite as strong as she is yet. I haven't quite gotten the whole point of tummy time and only hold up my head for a little bit. Mom says this is a normal thing with twins and I'll get it eventually. We went to the doctor this week. I tried to block that out of my mind since we got shots, but I suppose you want the update on my measurements. I weigh 13 lbs, 3 oz, and I'm 24.75 inches tall. My weight is in the 39th percentile and my height is in the 69th percentile. I'm long and lean like my sister, although not quite as lean as her! :) We get our height from our dad, and we think that's a pretty good thing to inherit from him. Mom is still not used to these lower percentiles because our brother was always in the 90's! Me and my sister are still very healthy, and Mom is pretty thankful for that! As my sister mentioned, we're sleeping a little bit better. Mom has started keeping a record of our schedule in hopes that she can find a pattern and get us to nap more consistently in our cribs and get to bed on time. I tend to fall asleep a bit later than my sister, usually around 11-12pm after another feeding. What can I say, I like my food, obviously. Our doctor told mom to let us just cry for awhile to get us used to going to bed earlier, and mom is working on that. I'm not too happy about that, but I usually give in within 5-10 minutes. Not really worth the cry, I've realized. Mom has given up on pacifiers, so now Mom has to find a use for those cute pacifier holders she made but never used. Mom is ok with us not using pacifiers, though, and she'll work on the bottle thing a bit more. My sister explained that to you already, so I won't repeat her. I'm wearing size 1 diapers still, but could definitely move to size 2. My mom has a few packages left in size 1, so she's trying to get rid of those before she moves us up and she said it's too hard to keep track of 2 kids in 2 different sized diapers. Thanks, Mom. Now I have a cupcake top from my diaper. Not so fashionable. Well, I gotta' go. Mom says it's time for our strength training tummy time. Sigh. I think I might just take a nap instead.

No comments: