Monday, May 19, 2014

Bedtime conversations

Tonight as I was putting Kaden to bed, we were talking about different stories in The Bible.  This is how the conversation went:

K: Mom, do you know the story of the three guys who wouldn't worship another god?
Me: I think so, which one?
K: Well, 3 men wouldn't bow down to another idol, so they had to go into the burning furnace.
Me: Oh, no!  That's awful!
K: WAIT.  MOM!  Here's the good news!!!!
Me: What?!?
K: God was with them!  He kept them safe.  There were really 4 people in the furnace.  It was God keeping them safe.  Isn't that unbelievable??


I so admire the faith of a child.  How he was so excited to share with me the good news in the story- that God kept those men safe in the midst of trials.  To me, it was a story I've probably heard 20 times in my lifetime.  To him, it was a story of good news.  A story about how God is with people even in their trials.  I'm thankful that we can have these conversations at home and further develop what he's learning in school.  It's worth EVERY.SINGLE.PENNY.

No comments: