Monday, April 21, 2014

Reflections on my Lenten challenge

Well, since Easter has come and gone, it means my Lenten challenge was completed.  I'm still amazed by how easy it was to come up with 3 blessings every day.  138 blessings in all.  The thing is, that's not nearly all of the blessings I could have listed during this time.  I could have listed 10 a day, or probably more.  This challenge has changed me.  It has helped me look for the blessings in ALL situations, to drive negative thoughts out of my mind, and to remind me of God's handiwork in all things.  When you slow down, look around you, and pay attention, it's amazing how God speaks to you.  How he reveals himself in the most usual and unusual ways.  How he tugs at your heart, lets you wrestle with the tough stuff, opens your eyes and makes known HIS plans, HIS control over your life.  I'm still a sinner, I'm not perfect, and I know that I missed blessings along the way.  I probably miss blessings every day because I'm too focused on things that aren't important.  Distractions that pull me away, take up my time, keep me from noticing and being thankful for God's blessings.

I know this blessing challenge isn't over.  I know I'll slow down and look for blessings every day.  In fact, I'll probably still record them in my journal daily, as that's now become a habit.  And maybe I'll even share a few with you now and again.  I pray that God has used my journey to challenge and inspire you to see the blessings around you.  To avoid negativity, to see the positive and God in all situations.  And my prayer for all of us is that God helps us grow closer to Him, and uses us to be agents of change for this world.  To be an example, to radiate God's love all around us.  That, my friends, is what life should really be about.

And of course, I couldn't end this post without a few blessings :)


Nothing better than a ride for a penny at Meijer.  It's a blessing when you can use that as bribery to get through the food store.




Yup, they're mine.


No comments: