Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween & Fall Activities

Earlier this fall, I asked Kaden what he wanted to be for Halloween.  He told me he wanted to be an astronaut, and I immediately felt inspired to make his costume this year.  I found some snow pants and a winter coat at a garage sale, found some astronaut patches and his hat on Ebay, and with some silver spray paint magic and a little creativity, it all came together.  He loved it and I love how cute he looked in it!



The girls were owls this year.  I love the Old Navy fleece costumes- they are so warm and look adorable on little kids.  It was a cool, rainy night on Halloween, so they kept them nice and warm, too!
 Ready to head out for some fun!  We pulled the girls in the wagon and made a loop around the neighborhood.  We made a quick stop to Grandmas and sorted out our candy.  Strangely, we found a lot of empty wrappers in the girls' buckets.  I guess that explains why they sat so nicely and quietly in their wagon- secretly sneaking candy when we weren't paying attention.  Double trouble, I tell you!!




When Grandpa and Grandma came to visit us in October, we made a trip to a local orchard/greenhouse.  They set up an indoor play area for the kids, and all of the kids loved it.  It was nice to let them play inside on another cold, rainy morning!



 Yeah, I think they're pretty cute :)


 Painting their pumpkins and concentrating :)


 Proof that Grandpa and Grandma were there :)


The week before Halloween, Kaden and Daddy carved a pumpkin together.  They went for the traditional pumpkin this year- short, sweet and simple :)

No comments: