Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spontaneity

It was 8:00 tonight, Andy was outside fixing the sprinklers, Kaden was watching excitedly from the window inside the spare room. "Sprinker..... spinker..." he kept yelling. I asked Kaden if he wanted to say hi to Daddy outside before we got ready for bed. "Yeah!" he yelled. I carried him out there since he had no shoes on. He leapt out of my arms as soon as we got on the driveway and ran to Daddy. Of course, he didn't really listen as we told him to stay away from the sprinklers. Off came the clothes, and before we knew it, our child was running around through the sprinklers in the front lawn at 8:15pm with only a diaper on. Not the norm for me... almost sketchy! :) But you know what? This 2 yr. old was the happiest I had seen him all day (and that's saying a lot because he was in such a good mood all day long!). It was worth it. And to top it all off, we got some fabulous photos. I love spontaneous moments of pure joy with my 2 yr. old little man.

Nothing like little toes splashing in puddles!



He kept saying "butt....butt.." trying to get his butt wet.



Can't you just see the joy in his face? WOW, do I love this kid.


Pure.joy.


SPLASH!

No comments: