Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Capturing Conversations

Some of the latest conversations that have happened in our home:

Me: Kaden, it's hot outside.
Kaden: No, Mom, it's humid.


Kaden: Mom, I want to show you something.
Mom: You do?
Kaden: Yeah, it's going to be hilarious.


Kaden: Mama, Mama (said like a baby).
Me: What are you doing?
Kaden: I'm talking like a baby.
Me: Babies don't talk like that, Kaden, at least for awhile until they get older.
Kaden: I think Baby A can talk like that, Mom.
(This one cracked me up. I guess he catches on to the fact that we refer to the girls as Baby A and Baby B).


Kaden: Dad, I'm going to go upstairs to get some more M&M's.
Andy: You're not tall enough to reach them, Kaden.
Kaden: I'm big in my world, Dad.


We were at the Whitecaps game a few weeks ago and were walking out while it was lightning and thundering:
Kaden: Dad, maybe I'll sleep in yours and mommy's bed tonight.
Andy: No, I think you can sleep in your bed like a big boy.
Kaden: Yeah, that's an option (meaning, despite me saying "no", he still thinks sleeping in our bed is an option)

Shortly thereafter, Kaden and Andy are in the car and after a big bolt of lightning and clap of thunder, Kaden says, "whoa did you see that Dad?! That was crazy!"


Some of Kaden's favorite phrases lately:
-That's an option. (He likes to tell us what the options are. Stinker, stinker, stinker)
-He is into rhyming lately. All day long he asks me if certain words rhyme. As a literacy guru, I'm loving this of course.

No comments: