Friday, January 6, 2012

Notes from the crib- 3 months

Yay! We're 3 months old already. We actually turned 3 months on December 29, but Mom is just catching up on her blogging. We'll cut her a little slack since we know she's pretty busy taking care of us and our brother all day long. Mom says that she can't believe that we're 3 months old already. We've all survived 12 weeks, and in fact, we've done more than that; we've thrived! :) Here's an update on our lives lately:

It's me, Maya. 3 months- 12 weeks, 90ish days, and lots of hours old. Wow! I haven't gotten weighed this month since this is an off month and we don't go for another check-up until we're 4 months old. However, Mom and Dad guess that I'm at least 10lbs by now. Can't wait to see how much weight I've gained. I'm starting to fill out my skin a bit more. My cheeks are getting chubbier and I'm finally getting a little meat on my bones! During the day I eat every 3-4 hours and sleep a decent amount. I don't have a set nap schedule yet during the day, but lately I'm proving to be a better sleeper at night than my sister is. In fact, the past few nights I've slept through the night- sleeping from 12-9am. Mom LOVES this! I think Mom and Dad would like me to settle down for the night a bit earlier, but they're not complaining with 9 hours of sleep in a row! My sister and I still won't take a bottle. As far as we're concerned we're happy with the real thing and don't see a need for it. Mom has tried lots of kinds of bottles with us, and maybe one of these days we'll give in. Mom said something about her needing more freedom than a few hours, but I think that's just ridiculous. Why wouldn't she want to feed us all day long?!? Lately I really love to giggle. It's just the cutest thing ever (at least that's what I'm told). Daddy gets me to laugh the best, even though I smile all day long for Mommy, too. I'm beginning to get a lot more content playing on my playmat or sitting in my bouncy seat. We don't sit in a bumbo seat yet because Mom wants to wait until our bodies are much stronger- maybe by next month's update we'll be in a bumbo. Since the recommendation is to start between 3-4 months I'm sure we'll be in one soon! Some people say that I'm starting to look more and more like my sister since I'm filling in a little bit, but Mom and Dad can still easily tell me and my sister apart- I guess that's a good thing, huh? My cry is even starting to sound different than my sisters, and when I'm mad you know it. I don't leave anything up for guessing. I'm starting to lose more of my hair, and Mom and Dad are wondering if it will come back blonde like our brother's did. I have the most beautiful long eyelashes and when you look at my blue eyes, they even seem to sparkle a bit. My mom thinks I'm a beautiful child of God!


Miss chubber wubbers over here. I know.... crazy name, huh? For some reason, that's what I hear Mom and Dad call me lately. I could have sworn my name was Makenna, but it seems like they have so many nicknames for me! :) I keep getting chubbier and chubbier these days- Mom guesses at least 12 lbs, but we'll find out for sure at the end of January when we go in for our 4 month check up. I have the most adorable chubby cheeks and my thighs are starting to get some nice pudgy rolls. Mom is obsessed with my chubby cheeks and kisses them all of the time. I eat every 3-4 hours just like my sister. At 3 months I still haven't quite figured out this night sleeping thing. I was doing pretty well a few weeks ago sleeping from 1-6 and from 6:30-9:30am, but lately I can't seem to settle down very well. Mom tries to keep me awake as much as she can in the early evening, but sometimes I'm so tired that Mom just lets me sleep because otherwise I just scream because I'm so tired. Mom is working on trying to get me to go to bed a little bit earlier, and hopefully one of these days I'll figure it out. It seems like just when we get a little bit of a sleeping routine established, we change things up. Maya and I say that we like to keep Mom on her toes. Can't make her too comfortable, huh? We figure we need to take advantage of this twin power we have :). I take pretty good naps during the day and am a pretty happy girl when I'm awake. I LOVE to smile and talk to anyone I see and I'm told I'm adorable when I do this. My sister loves to giggle, and I love to coo. We're starting to get pretty fun to play with and our brother is realizing our little personalities are coming out and loves to talk to us and play with us! My sister and I are still wearing size 1 diapers, and Mom hopes we stay that size for another month or so since she still has quite a stock in that size! :) Carters brand 3-month sized clothes seem to fit us the best right now. I can fit in some 3-6 month clothing pretty comfortably, but it's too big on my sister. Since my mom has lots of coordinating and matching outfits for us in the same size she's trying to keep us in the same size clothing if possible. My mom said she hopes it stays that way since she's bought quite a few matching/coordinating clothes for us for when we're older. I also love to suck on my hand. Sometimes it looks like I'm trying to get my entire fist in my mouth in order to suck on it. My sister and I don't take pacifiers either, so if this is my natural way of soothing myself, mom is just fine with that. One less thing to break me of, she says. I'm not sure what that means, but I guess it's a good thing? Well, I'm getting kind of sleepy- after all, I've been awake for an hour already, and it must be time for a nap.

We'll talk to you in another month!

No comments: