Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pink or Blue?!?!?

It's in. The verdict is FINALLY in. 4 weeks ago we began this gender quest in hopes of finding out what the twinners were going to be. It was inconclusive 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago the technician was unable to tell also. I went into today's ultrasound convincing myself that we weren't going to be able to find out again. However, thankfully, we were able to get a firm gender confirmation today. The appointment took forever (3 hrs from the time we got there to the time I got to my car).... waiting 45 minutes to get into the office, waiting for a full anatomy check on both babies, cervix check, fluid levels check, talk with the doctor, etc. All of the measurements look great, so we continue to pray that God will develop these babies into healthy little girls. Oh, I didn't mention that earlier??!? :) Yes, we are going to be buying lots of pink in our future!!!

We are overwhelmed with happiness, as well as the normal worries of pregnancy x2, praying for their health, hoping to carry these babies as long as possible, etc. If you've been pregnant before, you know how many worries go through your mind. Now multiply that x2. But, we know that God is in control of everything and we have no reason to worry. I don't know how people can get through a pregnancy without knowing their Heavenly Father. God is good, all the time. God isn't just good because we're having girls- we would feel blessed if we were having 2 boys or 2 girls, it doesn't matter. We continue to feel doubly blessed!

I'm 20 1/2 weeks pregnant and feeling great at this point. I should probably take a tummy picture one of these days. Funny how life goes on and you don't focus nearly as much on your pregnancy the second time around. Sometimes I even forget I'm pregnant as I run around outside with Kaden and keep up with this busy almost-3 yr. old boy! I'm more than halfway at this point, knowing that I'll for sure have the girls by 38 weeks (they don't let you go past this point with twins). Overall I feel great and love the second trimester. I wish each trimester was this good! :) Praying for many more good weeks to come!


Baby B's face (kind of creepy, I know...)- who likes to float around everywhere from my belly button on down.



Baby Girl A's profile- nestled comfortably down by my cervix


And now for the evidence...

No comments: