Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Movie Night

A few weeks ago, on a Friday, Kaden had a rough day. It seemed like he was crabby all day long, which may have been from such a busy week and his parents going here, there, and everywhere. So, after his nap, I told him that we would have a family movie night that night. Of course, he had no idea what that was, but he was very excited about it. It was nice to eat dinner, start the movie by 6:30pm and still be done watching the movie by his normal bedtime. Since then, we've had a total of 3 family movie nights, all on Friday nights. It's always a challenge to find something that Kaden will watch most of and that we'll enjoy, too. We've watched Finding Nemo, Free Willy, and Free Willy 2 so far. The Toy Story movies are next on our list. Now Kaden asks all of the time if we're having a family movie night, and when I tell him yes, he gets SO excited. We even bought special popcorn bowls for the occasion. I'm thinking we're starting a new tradition that I'm finding I like a lot. There's nothing better than cuddling on the couch with my boys, eating some popcorn and watching a movie together.

Watching Finding Nemo

All snuggled up eating his popcorn

Daddy and Kaden

Mommy and Kaden (terrible picture, but I had to represent myself)

No comments: