Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Ride

Since I blogged about Kaden's new ride, I figured it would be fitting to blog about my new ride. Yes, we are the proud owners of a 2011 Honda Odyssey. I'll tell you what... I love it. I don't care what anyone has to say about minivans. They are seriously the most practical and sweetest ride out there for a mom. Now I know why so many moms own them!! :) We knew once our lease was up on our Murano in January that we would be purchasing a minivan, regardless of whether or not we were pregnant again. Well, now that the twinners are on their way, it really made sense to have a minivan, as I refuse to have 3 carseats in the back of an SUV. Insanity. Long story short, we got a rare opportunity to get out of our lease early with no penalties if we did it by the end of April, so we took advantage of the opportunity and went on a hard-core car search. After doing lots of research and visiting lots of dealerships, we ended up getting a great deal and love our new purchase! I'm sure each time I make a car payment I'll be reminded of my desire for a mom-mobile, but it's worth it nonetheless. The best part is that now we have it in time for the twins when they arrive and get to fill up the back of the van rather quickly in the fall!

Sometimes when Kaden isn't in the car and I'm driving to work I get a little lonely and have to blast some ghetto music- just to remind me that I can still be a cool mom even though I own a minivan.

About to drive it home from the dealership


Kaden taking over the back of the van

Yes, I know I don't have a full-length picture of it, I forgot to take one when we picked up the car and of course now it needs a wash and I refuse to post a picture of a "dirty" car, so once it gets a nice wash, I'll post an updated picture! :)