Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter 2011

Yes, I know that Easter is over, but since my blog also serves as my scrapbook when I get them published into a book at the end of the year, I wanted to make sure I documented our Easter this year.

This was our 2nd year attending the annual Easter egg hunt at our church. This year Kaden really got into it and kept picking up egg after egg after egg. He was pretty excited about the treats and tickets inside, too. He was able to get a beach ball, rubber duck, sunglasses and a lei with all of his tickets. That made for one happy camper for the rest of the day!

Waiting patiently for his turn to get the eggs


Cutie pie


Picking up eggs with Daddy


And more eggs...


After Kaden finished the hunt, we grabbed some popcorn and juice and headed inside where they had Veggie Tales Easter playing in the sanctuary. Kaden wanted to watch it for a bit, and when we sat down in the pew, he looked up and said, "Mommy, there's a cross." I confirmed his observation, and he replied with, "Jesus is ALIVE!!" Seriously, how awesome is that? Even an almost 3 yr. old catches on to the basics of Easter. I continue to be in awe of the faith of young children. What a blessing!


Kaden and Mommy on Easter

Opening up his Easter basket after church

Excited about his goodies

Opening up the eggs he found at Grandma Rysdam's house with Daddy


Grandma even gave him some money for garage sale shopping! :)


Having fun with Uncle Steve and his soon-to-be Aunt Kelly after dinner. He loves to play around with his uncles!

No comments: