Monday, August 15, 2011

Imaginary friends

Okay, so, I always thought it was strange when other people's kids talked about their imaginary friends. Now, my child appears to have them. I'm trying to figure out if they're his imaginary friends or if he just likes to pretend. I'm going with the 2nd option, it sounds better. This all started yesterday when Kaden started talking about his friend, Marcia. Okay, he doesn't have a friend Marcia. I don't think he even knows anyone with that name, so how in the world did he come up with that?!? Yesterday he said, "I'm going to play baseball with my friend Marcia." I thought that was just a one-time random thing.

Today I was loading him and all of my stuff into the van to run some errands. I didn't notice at first, but before he got in his carseat, he went and buckled all of the seatbelts in the van. As I put him in his carseat, I asked him why he buckled them. He said he was buckling his cousins in. I of course found this very humorous, especially because he doesn't have any cousins (except for the 2nd and 3rd ones we rarely see). Before we went into Target, he told his cousins he would be right back. When we got back into the van after our Target shopping trip, he had to go around and make sure his cousins were all nicely buckled in. Seriously.... where do kids get these things from? I snapped a quick photo on my phone so you could see the evidence. It's a little hard to see but you can see a few of the seatbelts buckled. Days like this make me glad I blog, because these are the little stories that I'd probably forget, but won't.


1 comment:

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Hi Jen,
One of my kids does this too, they have 'friends' who have siblings and they keep it all straight! I thought it was weird for a while too but then started reading how kids with imaginary friends are very creative so we go with it!
Becky