Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year, New Questions

For the past 2 years, we've had the tradition of answering the same set of questions on New Year's Day.  Andy answers them, I answer them, and Kaden has answered them.  Next year we'll even get the girls to answer them.  This year all the girls chose to say was "Dada" "Hot" and "Nigh Nigh." :)  Last year I posted the video of Kaden answering the questions (you can view that here).  We did take video of his responses this year, but I thought I'd give you his answers on here instead of the video this year.  I love this tradition because it gives us a small glimpse of what is on our hearts at the time, what our year has been like, and what our goals are for the next year.  It's fun looking back on how we answered them the year before.  Some questions we answer the same every year, some are quite different.  Some answers show personal growth, some show areas to keep working on.  I won't share all of the answers to my questions, but I will share some of my wishes for this year.  If anything, they can help me be accountable to all of my blog readers :)  In 2013, my wishes are: rely on technology more (i.e. spend less wasted time online), continue to help my children grow to love the Lord, and be more content with what I have.  All 3 of these are tough, especially with the pressures of the world around me.  It is my prayer DAILY that I can choose to make these wishes come true and use them as opportunities to grow in my relationship with Christ.

Here are Kaden's answers to the questions this year:
1. I'm a little afraid of... sharks and lions
2. My favorite thing to do is... go golfing 
3. If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go... to Disney World
4. If I had 3 wishes, they would be...
        1. to see Santa and his reindeer (oh the irony coming from a house which openly tells him that Santa is FAKE :))
        2. more gifts (you can tell what was on his mind)
        3. to be in my new house
5. When I grow up I want to be... a gymnastics player
6. My best friend is... Benjamin Batts
7. God blessed me this year by... dying on the cross
8. The people I love are... Mommy, my sisters, and Daddy
9. One way I want to serve others this year is... being nice to my sisters
10. Something I would like to do in 2013 is... go sledding
11. My favorite gift I got for Christmas was... Buckey (Jake Pirate Ship)

No comments: