Monday, March 19, 2012

Grocery shopping


I took all 3 kids to Meijer with me for the first time last week. In the past it seems like I always had an opportunity to go grocery shopping without kids, or I'd take 1 or 2 kiddos with me. It didn't happen that way last week, so I decided to venture out with all 3. I wasn't anxious about having 3 kids with me, I just didn't know how I'd fit groceries if I had to put 2 carseats in the shopping cart. So, I decided to push the girls in their double stroller and elicit Kaden's help in pushing the grocery cart behind me. Of course I ended up pulling the grocery cart and pushing the stroller all at the same time, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Kaden was such a great help! He helped put things in the grocery cart and stayed by me the whole time. The girls even cooperated and smiled for all of the old ladies oohing and aahing over them. I'm sure we looked like a circus parade, but we made it. It also helped that I had my grocery list and coupons organized ahead of time- by aisle, starting with the front of the store towards the back. I don't think I'll make a habit of grocery shopping with all 3 at the same time, but it's good to know I can do it! I find with the twins that I might be anxious about doing something I haven't tried once, but then once I do it, it really doesn't seem that bad! :)

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Completely. In. Awe. Seriously! Good work, momma! Glad you snapped a photo so that you can look back on these days and wonder how you did it. :)