Monday, October 1, 2012

Notes from the crib- 12 months!

We are 12 months old!  Mom can't believe how quickly this past year has gone.  We are growing up so fast, and changing in so many ways!


Hey from me, Maya!  At 12 months old, I am 18 pounds 14 ounces, 29 inches tall, and in the 33rd percentile.  Still a little peanut, but full of spunk.  I am still in size 3 diapers, and 12 month/12-18 clothes.  I am a very busy girl.  I am now running, and run all over the house and get into everything.  I'm very curious.  I want to grab everything, I want to open up cupboards, eat shoes, and steal toys from my sister.  I love to play with my brother, and he gets me laughing like few people can! I have 3 teeth now- 2 on the bottom and one on top.  I have a contagious giggle, and when you get me laughing, it's hard to get me to stop.  I mostly say "Dada" and "Mama".  I like to wiggle my tongue and make a silly noise with my tongue as I walk around and play.  I'm more afraid of new situations than my sister.  Certain things scare me- some of my brother's stuffed animals, new faces and situations.  Sometimes I'll even start to cry when my sister screams because she's excited.  My lower lip starts to quiver and I run for mom whenever I'm unsure of a situation or sound.  I'm a Mama's girl.  I'd let Mom hold me all day long if she could.  I love to eat and I pretty much eat everything that Mom puts in front of me, except for whole milk.  We're still working on that one.


Hey from me, Makenna!  At 12 months I am 21 pounds 3 ounces, and 30.25" tall.  My height puts me in the 77th percentile, and my weight puts me in the 65th percentile.  I'm also in size 3 diapers and fit nicely in 12-18 month clothes.  I am a sweet little girl.  I am easy-going, I'm pretty content to play nicely with my toys, and I rarely cry.  When I cry I'm usually tired or hungry, or just mad at my sister for taking toys away from me.  I do a pretty good job of putting up a fight when my sister tries to bully me, and sometimes I even bully her to get back at her.  I like to say "Mama," "Dada," "Uh-oh," "hi," and "all-done."  I definitely like to talk more than my sister.  We both love to wave hi/bye, clap our hands and do "SO BIG!"  I, too, love to play with my toys, and I especially love cuddling with blankets and stuffed animals and reading books.  Many times throughout the day you will find me bringing a book to Mom and plopping on her lap, waiting for her to read the book to me.  I am more of a cuddler than my sister is, I love to snuggle with anyone who will hold me and lay calmly on Mom's lap while she rubs my tummy.  I started walking a few days before my 1 year birthday, and I've gotten the hang of it pretty quickly.  I can almost keep up with my sister, but not quite as fast as her.  I, too, like to eat, although not as much as my sister.  I've recently discovered that I will gag when I stick my whole hand down my throat, and Mom keeps telling me that's really not a good habit.  I don't really like whole milk either, although Mom is trying hard to get us to like it! I am a good sleeper, and take 2 naps a day (not sure how long that will last) for about an hour each, the same as my sister.  I typically sleep through most nights, while my sister sometimes wakes up once.


Being one is rough.

Makenna is bitter, and Maya is excited to be one!


Playing in my crib with my sister is fun, Mom!


Such big girls!

We love you SO much girls, and have been overwhelmed with blessings from you over the past year.  We are excited to see you grow and your personalities shine through, and love you more than anything.  You and your brother are very special to us, and we are looking forward to celebrating many more special moments with you!


No comments: