Friday, May 4, 2012

Notes from the crib: 7 months

We're 7 months old!!



We were officially 7 months on April 29, but life has been a little busy around here lately, so Mom is posting this a few days late.




Hey!  If you couldn't already tell, I'm Maya.  At 7 months old I'm a cute little peanut.  Mom doesn't have exact height and weight measurements for me and won't until our 9-month Dr's appt.  What I do know is that my thighs are getting chubbier so it must mean that I'm gaining weight and growing!  I'm proving myself to be the compliant child.  I love to eat and will drink from my sippy cup (almost independently) and eat cereal with fruit in the morning and veggies at dinnertime like a good little girl.  I take 2 naps a day, usually for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours at a time (not at the same set time everyday yet).  AND....I sleep through the night!!! :)  This is news since last month.  For being such a little girl, Mom and Dad are surprised that I'm the one who seems to sleep better.  I'm still the giggly girl.  Pretty much anything will make me laugh and I have the cutest laugh.  It's pretty contagious I hear! :)  I still fit into 6-month clothes, but Mom is transitioning me into 6-9 month, 9-month and 6-12 month clothes so I stay on the same track as my sister.  I love to play on the floor and can even get up on my knees when I'm laying on my belly.  I've even started rocking a bit on my knees.  Mom wonders if I'll end up crawling before I can sit up on my own.  I haven't mastered that skill yet.  I like to play in my exersaucer, although my legs barely touch the bottom, but that doesn't seem to bother me.  Life is pretty good for me these days!




Hey everyone, it's me, Makenna.  As my sister already mentioned, we don't have height and weight measurements this month.  My thighs continue to grow and I have chubby rolls pretty much everywhere.  It's pretty adorable.  I'm proving to be the sister that is giving Mom and Dad a run for their money.  I wasn't too excited about eating food, although now I'm doing better and will eat as much as my sister does, twice a day.  Mom tried a different sippy cup with me (Nuby) than my sister, and the water comes pouring out of this one.  Since then, I drink water like a champ and can almost drink it my myself.  My sister and I are still in size 2 diapers.  I fit very well into 9-month Carters clothing and 6-12 in other brands.  I'm not quite as good of a sleeper as my sister is.  My naps are usually only 45-minutes each, and I still wake up 1-2 times during the night.  When I wake up I usually want to eat, although Mom is weaning me from that.  Sometimes she lets me cry, but oftentimes my sister will wake up, and then my mom gets pretty crabby.  So, usually mom doesn't let me cry for too long.  She says that's one of the hard challenges of twins, and figures that one baby awake during the night is better than 2 babies awake at the same time during the night.  Mom keeps telling me to take lessons on sleeping from my sister, but I like spending that extra time with mom during the night.  I can't go 12 hours without seeing her, it's just too hard for me right now :).  I'm a pretty happy baby.  I'm content playing in the exersaucer and rolling around on the floor.  I haven't mastered sitting up yet either.  I continue to talk at everything and will laugh and squeal when I'm happy and playing.  I think life is pretty good for me now, too! :)



Check out our chubby thighs! :)

1 comment:

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Jen, I just love seeing these monthly updates. Maybe the next time I am out visiting Laura we can get together. I would love to meet your adorable girls!