Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent- Day 15

Day 15: Listen to Christmas music

Today we had a dance party in the kitchen. We plugged the ipod into the sound dock, turned the TV off, and blasted the Christmas music. No one snapped a picture, but the moment sticks in my mind. I could have thought of a million other things to do that night instead of dance to Christmas music, but something about holding hands with my little boy and dancing away in the kitchen seemed much more important to me.

Kaden loves singing Christmas carols (advent day to come on this), and he also loves listening to Christmas music. He gets very excited when he hears a song that he knows and he starts singing his little heart out.

There's just something about Christmas music that makes the season so special to me. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's because I love music in general, maybe it's because you only listen to it for a short time, maybe it's because singers of all ages and genres come together to sing the same songs...... whatever it is, Christmas music is heard in our car or home every day this season, starting the day after Thanksgiving until New Year's.
Today's book choice was: Bright Christmas: An Angel Remembers (out of print)

No comments: