Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Advent- Days 21-25

I was so close to blogging about every day in Advent here at our house, but I just didn't quite make it. The time leading up to our trip to NJ went by really fast, and before you know it, we were in NJ celebrating Christmas. It's not that we didn't do any Advent activities, they were just done in NJ. Some I have pictures of, and some I don't. Our book reading got a little off schedule, but we did bring our special Christmas books with us to NJ. Some of the activities we did either on the road or in NJ were: sing favorite Christmas carols, have hot chocolate, read a favorite Christmas story, research another country's holiday traditions, and celebrate the birth of Christ on Christmas!

The one moment I want to highlight is when Kaden opened his special book on Christmas night. The book I saved for Christmas was: God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Bergren. My whole family sat in my parent's living room by the fire and Andy read the book to everyone. It was such a special moment, and something I'd like to make a new tradition. It felt so nice to just be quiet and listen to a reminder of why we celebrate Christmas amongst all of the busyness of the day. I'll never forget that moment. When Andy was done reading the book I tried to get Kaden to sing a few Christmas songs, but that didn't go over so well. Maybe we'll try that next year.

Here's a picture of Andy reading the book to all of us:


No comments: