Thursday, December 1, 2011

Notes from the crib: 2 Months

We're two months old already!!

Maya Grace- L, Makenna Anne-R


Maya
Hi! I can't believe a month has passed since I last wrote to you! I turned 2 months old on Tuesday this week, and had my doctor's appointment today. Today I weighed in at 9 lbs, 15 oz! Mommy and Dr. Pott say that I'm growing really well and doing great! I had to get 2 shots today, which I didn't really like, but Mommy gave me some Tylenol for the first time, which helped me take a nice nap. Mom was happy about that one! :) So, what's new in my life since the last time I blogged? I weigh more, and have even started to outgrow some of my newborn clothes! I eat every 3 hours during the day, and Mommy is still the only one who can feed me. I finally took a bottle last night, but I prefer Mom's method much more. I've started to smile when people talk to me, and open my mouth to try to talk, but don't make many sounds yet. I'm getting to be a little bit more content laying on my playmat or sitting in my bouncy seat for longer than 5 minutes at a time, which makes Mommy's life easier (so she says). Night time for me is still pretty unpredictable. I usually settle down by 1am on average (sometimes a little earlier, sometimes later), and will wake up about 3-4 hours after that, then go right back to sleep. After I eat in the morning when my brother gets up around 8am, I usually go back to sleep for a couple of hours in my swing or vibrating seat. During the day I sleep in the afternoon and early evening, too, but definitely not as much as I did a month ago. I'm still a little smaller than my little sister, but she better watch out...I'll catch up to her one of these days...**wink, wink**

Makenna
Okay, so how cute is my smile? I'm very photogenic, I know. I smile more than my sister and make more "talking" noises than she does, but there has to be one talker in the family, right? Daddy would say I take after my Mommy. My personality is different than my sister's, too. I'm more laid back and content when I'm awake and tend to go with the flow more. Not my sister. She knows what she wants when she wants it. What can I say, my sister is a feisty one. I still love her though, and love to look at her and punch her in the face with my arm when we're on the playmat together. I, too, had to go to the doctor today for my check-up. I only cried for a couple of minutes after my shot- I don't know what the big hype is over shots. Mom gave me Tylenol and I was good to go. I also went down for a nice snooze when we got home. Today I weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs, 7 oz. Yes, I'm getting to be quite a porker and even getting some rolls on my legs. My cheeks are pretty cute, too, and for some reason Mom and Dad can't stop kissing them. I eat every 3 hours during the day, and enjoy it when I eat at the same time as my sister. I like looking at my sis while I'm eating. It makes for an enjoyable experience. I settle down at the same time as my sister, but tend to sleep for longer stretches during the night- usually 4-5 hours. When I wake up during the night, I feed and then go right back to bed. I also still like to nap during the day and will usually fall asleep pretty much anywhere- on the playmat, in the swing, in the vibrating seat, or on my Mommy. I like falling asleep on Mommy the best, but I know she has 2 other kids to take care of and I can't do that all of the time. It's okay, I understand. After all, I am pretty easy-going. Life is pretty good these days!

Well, we better get going. Our brother wants to play with us. He likes to lay next to us and talk to us. We kinda like it :)

No comments: