Thursday, December 8, 2011

Advent- Day 8

Day 8: Share a memory from past Christmas'

When I asked Kaden what he remembered from last year's Christmas, he immediately said he remembered when Daddy got "one of those silly fishing pole golf clubs." My Dad found some golf clubs that also looked like fishing poles- you could reel in the golf ball with the pole after you hit the golf ball. Each guy in the family got their own for Christmas, and it was a big hit among everyone. Of course they kept breaking, and I'm not sure that anyone's actually functions a year later. However, Kaden still remembered that and clearly it made an impression on him. I found a picture of one on the internet, which looks pretty similar to the one the guys got:



Kaden also said he remembered that it snowed a lot and Uncle Brian had to snowblow at Grandpa's house. You can read about last Christmas' blizzard in NJ here.

I'm wondering what he'll remember from this year's Christmas. I can't wait to make more memories for him!

The book choice for today was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

No comments: