Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lent- Day 33

97.  Technically this picture was taken yesterday, but I couldn't resist counting it as a blessing.  These girls truly love each other.  They care for each other, watch out for each other, hit each other, and laugh at each other.  I pray they always cherish having a sister.




98.  So to be honest, I love dressing girls.  I love finding just the right outfit, shoes, etc., and putting it all together.  But really, I love how their smiles shine their internal beauty.  When I look at them I think about the little people they're becoming.  Their love, their tender heart, their care, and their laughter.



99. Survival.  Tonight we went to a kid's event at church and we saw a family there with twins.  I'm guessing their twins were around 5-6 months old.  They were pushing around their double snap and go stroller, with 2 older kids in tow.  Andy and I smiled at each other as we watched them juggle babies.  Taking one baby out for a diaper change, then switching for the other baby.  Making a bottle (ok, I can't relate to this part), feeding two babies at once while the mom took the other ones to the bathroom.  Balancing it all, working together as a team.  Honestly, I barely remember those days.  I know they weren't that long ago, but they all seem like a blur.  At times I felt like we were in survival mode.  If I could just keep everyone alive until Andy came home from work, it was a good day :)  Times like this remind me of the blessings we've had with raising twins over the past couple of years.  Amazing friends and family who have shown us support and care.  Who selflessly gave of themselves to help.  Who understood our unique situation.  Who gave us space, gave us ears to listen, held babies, and laughed with us.  I'm forever grateful for the blessings God has given us over the past 2.5 years!


No comments: