Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lent- Day 44

130. Opportunities for negativity.  Today, I had several opportunities for negativity.  One of the major ones was a car issue this morning that made the day not start as planned.  It wasn't that it was a huge issue at the moment, but it was the unknown of plans in the coming days.  How will I do this/that, or get here/there without a car?  How much will it cost?  The inconvenience of car issues so close to the weekend, etc.  As I was driving home from work, God moved my heart to think about this.  Satan is working so hard to try and pull me away from this Lenten challenge.  He wants to see me react to frustrating situations with negativity, anxiety and annoyance.  But God's power is stronger.  Driving home, in the silence, I felt God speaking to me.  Reminding me that it was all under control, and eliminating the negativity about today from my mind.  I felt an overwhelming sense of peace amidst my troubled, weary heart.  I'm blessed by the random prompting to turn off the radio and drive in silence.  It's amazing how God seeks you in just the right moment, and meets you right where you are.

131. Tonight was another blessing.  I had the opportunity to get together with another great friend (I know, 2 nights in a  row!!).  We enjoyed pedicures and catching up.  I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with friends who have known me forever, who have seen me through the good, the bad and the ugly, and who continue to offer listening ears as I share my heart.  Thank you God, for moments like this that uplift my spirit.

132. My slippers.  Yes, I know, kind of a crazy blessing, but my slippers are a big deal.  Some of you know that I can't go anywhere, or really even walk at all without my slippers on.  I love my orthaheel slippers, and maybe they're granny-ish, but without them I wouldn't be able to walk.  Ever since December when I got them, I've kept them on.  When I have to get up in the middle of the night to deal with the kiddos, I wear them.  When I go to someone else's house, I wear them.  I'm not kidding when I say that I can barely walk without something on my feet anymore.  To be honest, what would be a huge blessing, would be to wake up one day pain-free in my feet.  But for now, I'm blessed with good slippers that help me keep on movin'.

No comments: