Monday, April 7, 2014

Lent- Day 34

100. Up early.  The kids were all up early today.  At first, I was NOT happy about that.  However, we all just got up and going for the day.  Everyone played nicely together, and I was able to get some laundry folded and things put away.  I checked the clock and it was only 9am.  I couldn't tell you the last time that we were all dressed and I had gotten anything done before 9am.  Today was a blessing that I needed.  A good start to a relaxing week at home for spring break.  A boost of energy to get things done, and a blessing to watch my kids all play together without fighting for a change! :)

101. "Swimming."  Today Kaden and the girls went swimming.  Pretend swimming in the living room.  I love his imagination and the way he pulls the girls right into his schemes.


102. "Church windows."  I've driven past these windows hundreds of times.  This church is just down the street from our house, yet, I don't know if I've ever really noticed them.  On my way home from teaching tonight, the windows just popped right out at me.  They were lit up and took my breath away.  I pulled into the parking lot and snapped this photo.  Upon looking at them even more, I realized that the photos I took told the story of Christ's death (center).  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  It was like God was telling me to pay attention to these small things that normally breeze right past my view.  These little things that remind me of God, remind me of his presence in my life, and remind me why I'm doing this challenge.


No comments: