Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lent- Day 40

118. Negativity and our kids.  This morning part of Jeff's sermon hit home.  He addressed how as parents we have to make sure that we're not speaking negatively about others in front of our kids.  He talked specifically about church leaders, or church events, and how this negativity can affect how our kids look at church as they grow older.  Kids are so impressionable, and what they hear us saying and how they see us acting pave the way for how they will react to certain situations.  This was just the thing I needed today.  A reminder of why I'm taking on this lenten challenge.  Why I feel so strongly about negativity and the power it can hold over us.  How it takes away joy.  How it fails to let others see God in us.  How it misses opportunities.  I don't want my kids to see me, or anyone else complain.  God calls us to do everything without grumbling or complaining, but instead to embrace opportunities with a heart of joy.  Maybe we can embrace the next challenge with a servant heart.  A heart that says, "God, I don't know about this.  I may not even like it.  But I'll serve with joy because that's what you've called me to do."


119. "Beauty all around."  Yup, that's a beauty train you see.





120. "The beauty of a sister."  I only pray that they continue to be this patient with each other.  


No comments: