Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lent- Day 42

124.  "I love you, girls."  I think I heard Kaden say that at least 4 times to the girls today.  He kept chasing them around, hugging them, and kissing them.  He is such an amazing older brother, and I know he'll always have their backs.

125. Spring snow.  Yup, it snowed today.  I'm not sure I could say it was a blessing to pull out all of the winter gear again.  Maybe it was God's reminder that He's in control, not us.  Maybe he's teaching us patience.  Patience for an amazing spring and summer to come.



126. Weary.  I feel weary.  I feel like there are so many things on my heart and mind right now.  I've been tossing and turning a lot during the night lately, which makes me physically weary.  My plantar fascitis has flared up in full force again, causing excruciating pain with every step I take.  Besides being physically weary, I feel mentally weary.  So many things on the to-do list that just keep getting transferred from one day to the next.  A few major things lie on my heart.  As I reflected on my weariness today, I couldn't help but think about how Jesus felt during this time.  He was weary.  His heart must have been heavy knowing what burden he was about to carry for us.  In only a few days he would leave his disciples here on earth, face extreme ridicule, and die.  For us.  I can't imagine making such a huge sacrifice and taking our burdens and dying to save us from our weariness.  I'm thankful that I have a Savior that carries me during my weary moments.  Who knows my heart.  Who hears my prayers.  Who watches over me, encourages me, and died for me.

No comments: