Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent- Day 1

Today, I'll offer some explanation to my list of blessings so you can see where I'm going with this.



1. Giggling children in the bathtub- I could have chosen to be mad about the fact that they splashed water everywhere and were yelling and screaming, but I chose to savor the moment.  Kaden was entertaining the girls in the tub and those giggles, man.. I could listen to that sound all day long.


 2. Note from Kaden- I told Kaden to get his pjs on about 3 times, and when I went in to check on him, and he STILL hadn't done it, I could have chosen to yell or be angry.  Instead, he was grinning from ear to ear and couldn't wait to show me what he made for me.  It says, "You're exhausted Mom and Dad.  But you're the best Mom and Dad."  I asked him about this.  He said he knew I was exhausted from cleaning the bathroom and the mess they made, but I was still the best Mom anyone could ask for.  Had I been upset and angry and pushing him to stop making a mess and get his pjs on, I would have completely missed this moment.  A moment God knew I needed.






3. My nap time snack.  Normally, I busy myself with 1,000 tasks that need to be done as soon as the girls are in bed.  Today Kaden was in school, and I was home early from work, so I chose to enjoy some much-needed chocolate and coffee and sit in a quiet house thinking and praying.  That was a gift.

No comments: