Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lent- Day 14

40. An arm around me- Our nap time routine consists of me rocking Maya in her room, and then laying in our bed with Makenna for a few minutes before putting her to sleep in a pack n' play in there.  When I was laying in bed with her today, she looked at me, and put her arm around me, underneath my head.  She snuggled right up to me, and it was at that moment that I felt the warmth inside that only a parent's love can feel.  An inexplicable love, a strong love, knowing you would do anything in the world to savor that moment, and one that I need to remind myself of on the rough days.

41. Rough day- today was a rough day for everyone.  I feel like Tuesday are like that for some reason.  Maybe it's because Kaden doesn't have school and so everyone is home all day.  Maybe it's because I always have a to-do list of laundry, cleaning, etc.  I'm not really sure what it was.  Nothing on the to-do list got accomplished today.  Kids were grumpy, the house was in worse condition when the day was over than when it began.  I find myself trying to figure out the root of the problem on days like this.  In all honesty, maybe today didn't go very well because of my distracted attention.  Maybe I spent too much time trying to get other stuff done, that I didn't take the time to play, or distract them from getting into trouble.  As much as I don't like these days, I'm thankful that they come around every once in awhile.  They remind me to think about being the best parent I can be, and to make sure that my attention and my heart are focused on what's really important.

42. Grilled chicken- we fired up the grill again today.  It felt so nice to sit out on the deck, enjoying the sun's rays beating on me as I grilled dinner.  It gave me a sense of joy after a rough day, a reminder that summer is coming, a renewed sense of hope.

No comments: