Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lent- Day 5

13. "Sweet, Mom!  We're using the grill?!?  It's like it's almost summer!!"  said Kaden before lunch today.  The deck is finally cleared off enough where we can actually see/get to/use the grill again.  We haven't been able to use it in months because of all of the snow, and I'm glad we could fire it up again today.  My family tells me the steak dinner I made tasted good, even though I can't taste anything right now :(

14. Uncle Brian- Uncle Brian babysat for the kids when we had small group today.  The kids love playing with Uncle Brian, and we had a great time catching up with him over dinner.  We love spending time with Uncle Brian and we're thankful he loves our kids!

15. Balanced quote- our small group is studying the "Balanced" study by Andy Stanley.  This is a great follow-up to our church's sermon series on being satisfied.  The Balanced study walks us through some important financial concepts, and asks us to continue thinking about money from a Christian perspective.  Today during our study, this quote really popped out at me, and I can't get it out of my mind.  "Jesus doesn't need your money.  He's not trying to get your money.  He wants to make sure that your money doesn't get you."  I know that I'm guilty of this sometimes; thinking about the next thing we "need" to buy, or the next consumer product I'm certain I must have.  However, what Jesus wants is to make sure that our money doesn't get us.  That money doesn't control our thoughts, actions, or decisions.  Instead, that my relationship with Christ consumes my daily thoughts, actions, and decisions.  This is one of those reminders that continues to hit me hard during this Lent challenge.

No comments: