Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lent- Day 15

43.  Knee surgery- My mom had knee surgery today, and everything went really well.  Today I'm blessed with doctors and health care systems that provide good care for loved ones.  I'm thankful for relief from pain, and for healing and restoration.

44. Pizza for dinner- Today I just really didn't have the energy to think about making dinner.  Nothing sounded good, and I hadn't thawed anything before I went to work today.  So instead, we ordered pizza.  Sometimes, the privilege of being able to order a pizza and have dinner on the table in 30 minutes without any preparation from me, really, truly, is a blessing.

45. Grace for the moment- Today started out a little rough.  Kaden had a meltdown this morning about a bunch of random things.  It was a rough start for him.  He ended up missing the bus, I had to bring him to school, go back home for the forgotten hat for outdoor recess, and drop him off to school late. As a result, I was late for my meeting at work.  As I drove to work this morning, recalling the events of the unexpected start to the day, I couldn't help but give thanks that God gives me grace for the moment.  Sometimes, on days that start off on the wrong foot, the only thing that gets me through is God's grace.  A blessing more than I really deserve.

No comments: