Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lent- Day 16

46. Clean floor smell- I love that my day started off by walking into the kitchen and seeing and smelling the clean kitchen floor that I had washed the day before.  There's just something that makes the day seem wonderful, even before the chaos of the day breaks out.  Our kitchen floor stays clean for pretty much the 12 hour night after it's washed, only to get milk drops, water stains, food crumbs, and pencil shavings all over it.  That's just the way it is with 3 kids under age 6.  So today, I'm blessed that I could start off the day with a clean floor.  It actually motivated me to vacuum, make the bed, tidy up around the house, and throw a load of laundry in all before 9am.  I'm amazed at how the small accomplishments can totally change the way I look at a day, so today I'm thankful for and blessed by a clean kitchen floor.

47. A load of laundry folded- As you've probably been able to figure out, this week has been a bit rough.  However, it started off pretty good, and this afternoon I was able to get a load of laundry folded.  One small dent in the large pile in the laundry room, but it made a big dent in my attitude today.

48. Making Sawyer happy- we got to watch baby Sawyer for a couple of hours today.  She didn't get a good morning nap so she was a little grumpy.  What was cute was watching the kids take every single toy out of the cupboard to try to make her happy.  The poor girl was probably overstimulated from all of the attention.  I love watching my kids interact with Sawyer.  They love their baby cousin, and I'm so excited to see how they grow closer as they grow up.  Especially since they'll be living right around the corner from us! :)

No comments: