Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lent- Day 9

25. Kids who played together- Some days it seems like all 3 kids do their own thing, other days it seems like they fight all day long.  Today, however, they all got along.  They all played in the basement together so well for about an hour.  Enough time for me to clean the basement and bathroom, shower, and get myself dressed.  It was glorious.  I'm feeling blessed that I can trust my kids to play house together, and I love seeing them interact with each other.  I love hearing their laughter and planning as they make baby food for the babies (haha, wonder where they got that from), took the dolls shopping, and even had the dolls help me clean the basement while they were playing.  There were times when I ever wondered if we'd get to this point.

26. Singing and rocking- At nap time today, Maya was asking for Kaden to rock her.  I was in our room putting Makenna down for a nap (we separate them for nap time), and I could hear Kaden rocking Maya and singing songs to her.  It was the sweetest thing I heard all day long.  There's nothing that warms your heart more than when you hear your 5.5 yr old singing "Jesus Loves Me" to his 2.5yr old sister.  Be still my heart.

27. Adult conversations- I was blessed to have adult conversations with some friends over dinner tonight.  We actually got to go out for a real dinner, and it was such a breath of fresh air to spend some time catching up, laughing, and talking.  I'm thankful for these moments that help me be me, and remind me that relationships are a blessing.

No comments: