Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lent- Day 18

52. A smile across the room- Kaden had tball training at a local church this morning.  He was a little bit nervous about it because he didn't know anyone else who was going to it.  Well, right before it was about to start, our friends and neighbors walked in.  Kaden loves playing with his buddy Cole, and I loved watching Kaden's face light up, his smile stretching from ear to ear when he saw Cole walk across the room.  I'm thankful that I wasn't distracted by anything else, and that I was attentive enough to watch Kaden's face, knowing he would be excited.  I know that God brought Cole there to help calm Kaden's fears, and I'm thankful for little blessings like this that warm our hearts.

53. Coloring- I spent 30 minutes coloring with the girls this morning at Kaden's practice.  It felt so nice to just sit and spend that time with them this morning.  I wish I could say I did this everyday.  Why does it take a time where I'm forced to stay in one location for a couple of hours, for me to sit and color for such a long time with the girls?  Maybe it's because at home we all have distractions, and it's harder to do that.  Maybe my priorities get out of whack every once in awhile, and I'd rather fold laundry while the girls color.  Maybe the laundry can wait and the coloring should happen more often.

54. Diaper changes- the girls have taken a liking to changing each other's diapers.  It's quite entertaining.  I managed to capture this moment today on camera.  Times like this remind me of how blessed I am to have these twinners.


No comments: