Monday, March 10, 2014

Lent- Day 6

16. Come, Just As You Are- for some reason this song popped into my mind this morning, and I can't seem to get it out.  I think that God is trying to tell me that no matter how flawed or sinful I am, it doesn't matter.  I need to bring my whole self, as I am, to the throne.  Wow.

17. An unexpected blessing for a friend- I found out today about a friend who is having a baby.  She's had quite a few health problems, and they have one daughter already, but this pregnancy is quite a surprise blessing for them.  They never imagined they would be able to have any more children.  Her pregnancy is going really well, and her health is stable at the moment, too.  I'm reminded that God works in unexpected ways to grab our hearts and remind us of HIS plan for us, not ours.  God is good!

18. Girls singing in the car- The girls have really started to enjoy singing lately.  As we were on our way home from running errands, they just started singing some of the Bible songs we've been singing with them lately.  So for 10 minutes, the 3 of us belted out some fine renditions of "Jesus Loves Me," "Jesus Loves the Little Children,"  "God you've given us," "The wheels on the bus," "Twinkle, Twinkle," and "The B-I-B-L-E."  That was the best way I could have spent that trip home from Costco.

No comments: