Monday, March 24, 2014

Lent- Day 20

Today was a rough day.  A really rough day.  Mostly a rough morning with a major meltdown from Kaden, resulting in a knocked tooth in the car.  Don't ask.  The rest of the day was better, but not a ton better.  The kids were crazy, I felt like I followed them around all day cleaning up one mess, and then another.  I don't even really have the words to process it right now.  I ran to the store after the kids were in bed and grabbed supplies to make brownie sundaes and a bottle of wine.  Yup, it was that kind of a day.  But, this lent challenge is keeping me going.  It's keeping me focused on God in ALL things.  In the tantrums, in the messes, in the poopy diapers, in the spilt applesauce on the floor.  It's reminding me that I have to make a choice in each of these moments.  A choice to be negative, to lose control, to give in.  And a choice to embrace each moment as a blessing, as a gift from God, as a reminder of His presence in all areas of my life, as an opportunity to see the good in all things.  So, I'll move forward.  His mercies are new every morning, and I'm already looking forward to a fresh slate tomorrow.  My anger and frustration from today are already forgotten in God's eyes, and I've been redeemed by the blood of the lamb.  Hallelujah!

This week I thought I'd take a different approach and post my blessings in pictures only.  I could come up with a lot to write about, I'm sure, but my challenge is to share little blessings from each day through pictures.  I hope you enjoy this change of pace this week.

58. "The loose tooth"

59. "Me, Papa"


60. "A rainbow for Mom"

No comments: