Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lent- Day 19

55. Compliment from a friend- it's amazing how far a compliment goes.  Something completely out of the blue said to you that catches you by surprise and makes you feel really good.  I'm thankful that God knows what blessings we need, and when.  I've been kind of down on myself lately, and this was a compliment that helped make my day just a bit brighter! 

56. Convicting studies- I'm blessed to be part of an amazing small group through ABC.  We're going through a finance Bible study right now, and it's been great so far.  What struck me today was how convicting it is to be studying truths right there in my face, with friends who are there to support and encourage me on this journey.  We spent a lot of time talking about money, what God wants from us in this area, and how we need to change our mindset and remember whose money it is in the first place.  I know that God is using this study to move my heart, to challenge me, to convict me and things I put too much emphasis on at times.  It's a blessing to be part of the family of God as we grow together!

57. Fighting fires- Kaden came out of his room dressed like a firefighter after dinner tonight. He insisted that we all help him.  I glanced at the clock and knew that it was bedtime.  But I knew this was important.  I got the girls all dressed and ready to fight the fire, and I wore the hat Kaden bought me from his "store" at school this Christmas.  You should have seen the smile on his face when he saw that I was wearing it.  Once again, I'm continually reminded about taking joy in the little blessings.  The blessing of kids with imaginations, the joy it brings them when I put the normal routine aside for 15 minutes and take the time to play.  This goes a long way for kids, and I pray that I continue to embrace these moments before they slip away.


No comments: